Chillmax Fridge Installation
Positioning your fridge
- Position the fridge in a well-ventilated area and away from sources of heat such as stoves, radiators, direct sunlight, etc.
- Fridges located indoors will generally perform more efficiently due to the average lower temperatures.
- The fridge can be located outdoors, but it is recommended that the unit is in a covered space and away from direct sunlight or other sources of heat. High temperatures can impede the performance of the fridge.
- Exposure or contact with sun, rain, water, or heat sources should always be avoided.
- Remove the unit from the box, and throw away all unnecessary plastic, tape, and packaging materials.
- Place the unit on a flat, secure surface. Make sure your space is clean and dry before you proceed with the installation.
- Ensure the unit is not exposed to direct sunlight or any other sources of heat.
- Gather all the tools and supplies you need, and keep them within reach.
- The fridges require minimal ventilation, but they vent from the back. Therefore, a space of at least 20 mm is required around the entire unit (40 mm at the rear). Refer to the diagram below.
- Use the adjustable leveling feet to make sure the unit is level.
- It is highly recommended that you wait at least two (2) hours after installing the fridge before plugging it into the power source.